South Australian students may be eligible to receive subsidised training through the South Australian Government's Training Guarantee for SACE Students (TGSS).
To be eligible for the TGSS, students must meet the following criteria:
- be aged 16 years and over at the commencement of the school calendar year
- be enrolled in and working towards completing the SACE (or equivalent)
- be enrolled in Vocational Education and Training and undertaking at least 210 nominal hours of nationally accredited VET as an integrated part of their senior secondary program
- be planning to complete a certificate III qualification (or higher) soon after leaving school
- be undertaking at least 70 hours of work placement that is relevant to the qualification being studied.
Please refer to the Work Ready website and liaise with your Vocational Education Coordinator for further information about the TGSS.
Students can enrol under fee for service arrangement until they qualify for funding.
TGSS is not available to students who are employed under a training contract as part of a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship.