Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology gives Year 11 students a pathway to an apprenticeship in the automotive industry while earning up to 50 credits towards Stage 2 of the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE).
In this hands-on 35 week course, students spent one day a week preparing for employment by learning work-specific skills in a simulated work environment that meets the needs of the automotive industry. Students must demonstrate competency in 20 units covering the knowledge and skills typical of those performed by apprenticeships in the early stages of training. On completion, students are awarded a nationally recognised apprenticeship qualification.
Topics include: the use of workplace tools and equipment, servicing and inspecting engine transmissions, cooling, fuel, steering, suspension, and braking systems, how to identify automotive faults and effective workplace communication. Students also spend 140 hours in a workplace undertaking Structured Workplace Learning to gain on-the-job training and mentoring while developing their technical skills and becoming more employable.
Certificate II in Automotive Servicing and Technology can be studied as a stand-alone Vocational Education and Training subject or as part of a School-based Apprenticeship.
- AURAEA002 Follow environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace 25 hrs
- AURASA002 Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace 20 hrs
- AURATA001 Identify basic automotive faults using troubleshooting processes 20 hrs
- AURTTK002 Use and maintain workplace tools and equipment 20 hrs
- AURETR015 Inspect and service batteries 10 hrs
- AURTTC001 Inspect and service cooling systems 10 hrs
- AURTTE004 Inspect and service engines 20 hrs
- AURTTA004 Carry out servicing operation 20 hrs
- AURTTB001 Inspect and service braking systems 20 hrs
- AURTTD002 Inspect and service steering systems 10 hrs
- AURTTD004 Inspect and service suspension systems 10 hrs
- AURTTQ001 Service final drive assemblies 5 hrs
- AURTTQ003 Service final drive (driveline) 5 hrs
- AURTTF001 Inspect and service petrol fuel systems 25 hrs
- AURATTZ002 Diagnose and repair exhaust systems 10 hrs
- AURLTJ001 Select tyres and rims for specific applications (light) 30 hrs
- AURSCA001 Select automotive parts and products 100 hrs
- AURLTJ003 Remove, inspect and refit light vehicle wheel assemblies 20 hrs
- AURTTX002 Inspect and service manual transmissions 10 hrs
- AURAFA008 Apply automotive repair instructions 20 hrs
This is a Training Guarantee for SACE Students (TGSS) approved course where eligibility criteria and fees apply. For further information, please refer to the Work Ready website and the home school VET Coordinator.